Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July Weekend

I think this was the most fun I have had in a very long time. After spending months of not knowing what to do an always doing the same old boring things, this weekend was full of fun and new things to do. On Thursday my good friend Jessica and I headed out to Rigby Lake. Since my husband is never around at nights because he works and her husband also works at night we decided to have a girls night out (with kids of course) and head out to Rigby Lake. Our plan was just to have our kids play in the sand and then wait for the fireworks. Well everything went well for the first twenty minutes but then Jayden (Jessica's boy) decided to take his shorts and shirt off to get in the water and then Haili (Jessica's girl) tagged along and of course who was next Nathan. But since I didn't have an extra pair of shorts or shirt he had to go in his underwear and white shirt, later on he lost the shirt because he was too cold.
Nathan had a blast he enjoys interacting with kids of all ages and is very gentle with younger kids. He is such a cute and amazing smart boy. I love him to death, he wears me out all the time.
Isn't he cute?
On the 4th Jeff finally had the day off. Him and Nathan went to the parade that was held in Rexburg I stayed home to relax a little. Then they came home to pick me up so we could head out to Porter Park for the little Carnival that was going on. Sorry I don't have pictures of the parade or Carnival I spaced it. This is the only picture I took of the boys playing on the swings.



After Nathan's well deserved nap we headed out to Idaho Falls. They had the Firetrucks, army trucks and police department there. It was so much fun. Nathan was on a weird mode so he didn't want to hope on any of the trucks to take pictures, but Mom and Dad sure were having fun.





I have always wanted a Yorkie Teacup and we found some at the Green Belt they were soooooo cute but also soooooo expensive. We were able to hold and play with them for a while. Nathan kept asking if this was his puppy Jeff and I just looked at each other and smiled. Sadly we had to leave the puppy and walk forever and ever around the Green Belt it was so hot. Then we found Tyson's grandparents house and crashed with them. They are awesome and so fun to be with. We stayed with them until the fireworks. It was a fun and exciting day at the Green Belt.
On Saturday it was one of Jeff's niece Baptism so we headed out to see them. It was great to see his cousins and have Nathan play with his cousins too. We don't get to see them very often because they live in Utah, so it was good to have them around. Later on we went to eat over at aunt Marie's and it was great! We had homemade tacos and then we had Ice Cream. Were so spoiled. I love hanging out with those guys they're so much fun. Well sorry if I bored you but this time I did have a lot to show.

4 comments:

Caralee and Jon said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had tons of fun! Hey, we sold our truck this weekend. To a guy in Rexburg. Funny huh. Don't hate us cuz we didn't visit anyone, Jons family helped us out with vehical swopping and taking us back to their house in Monteview. We were up in Idaho Falls for the 4th but were with Jons family. Only 8 more weeks and we'll be back. In apt 503 We are so excited!

Hilarie* said...

Wow it sure looks like you had some fun! I'm sorry .. but I coudln't resist posting off of Sokimna's blog!!! I need to get your email adress so I can invite you to mine!!! WE need to get together more and play. WE need to even get together for dinner as families some time. I know Jeff and Chad would get along great!

homeschooling Mama said...

Love the puppy! Too cute! You look amazing by the way!

Sokimna said...

hey, preggo! hope you're having fun in utah. we miss you lots. I want that same dog...so cute! we need to go to rigby lake together! we went this past weekend and as always the kids never want to get out of the water!