Sunday, July 6, 2008

Ward Chili Cook-off

I know, I know it's a bit late to write about our Wards cook-off but life has been really busy. Anyways about two weeks ago we had our first Chili Cook-off. Jeff was sooooo excited about it because he had the perfect recipe, a white chicken chili. Jeff woke up really early that day went to the store to buy his PERFECT INGREDIENTS. As soon as he got home he started chopping onions, jalapenos, cheese, garlic, etc, etc, etc. My house was sooo hot and smelly.

As soon as we arrived to the party all the Nursery-Primary kids had a scavenger hunt. Enrico was reading the clues to them and then they had to go to the room where they thought the answer was. I don't think the little kids knew what they were doing but they sure liked to be running around the church. This was a total rule breaker for me since I don't let Nathan run at church, but what can I say.








In these two bottom pictures the kids holed hands to sing Popcorn Popping. At first they were a bit shy but then they let go and actually started making the movements it was so cute.





Okay so here is the BIG AND EXCITING part of the day. Jeff was hoping he would have the best chili in the world, but he had strong competition Marsha Johnson also had made white chili so it was going to be a hard decision. Well the judges (bishopric) started handing out the prizes and my Jeff was nowhere to be mentioned I was starting to get nervous. Then we hear Marsha had won and we were kinda bum but then they said they were going to hand out the overall best chili of the night and guess who won my JEFF. I was sooooooo happy and excited for him he worked really hard for it, so now he has bragging rights. hahaha I am extremely proud of Jeff he is an excellent cook. He has fed us well!



His big prize! An XX-L bag of Peanut M&M's



So, after a big afternoon of running and eating yummy chili, the kids grabbed pillows and blankets along with some popcorn because it was time to watch "Church Ball" Nathan was not timid at all and grabbed his blanket and laid comfortably. We had a great time.



1 comment:

Caralee and Jon said...

Congrats Jeff, thats cool. We'll have to get you to make us some when we're back up there!! haha!